05 Jul July Note From Dri
During this summer season, while Christian Education classes are taking a break, rest assured that the CE committee is working diligently for the upcoming fall. And we can’t wait to tell you what’s coming in next month’s newsletter!
For now, I want to encourage you to enjoy this time of rest with your families. Here are a few ideas for how to intentionally enjoy this time:
- Join us at the Memorial Park Splash Pad this afternoon 4-6pm.
- Go to the pool. Keep your electronics at home.
- Have a picnic dinner al-fresco on a cool evening.
- Invite another family over for dinner.
- Read fiction aloud as a family.
- Pick a book of the Bible to read through together over the next month and talk about over lunch or dinner.
- Read the Morning &/or Evening Prayer Office together.
- Go to one of the many events in the Memorial Park Chautauqua Amphitheater.
- Take a walk or bike ride and notice God’s creation.
- Play your favorite board game together.
It’s tempting to fill this summer with tons of events. You may already have camps and vacations filling up the weeks. But don’t forget to schedule time to just be. Focus on presence with your family and with God. Remember “wasting time” together is not wasted time.